Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My First Blog

I'm sure "My First Blog" is the title of everyone's first Blog....I'm just not that creative.  "So," you ask, "Why are you writing a blog if you can't even come up with a creative title?"  Well the answer is this...I feel like my kids and I are on the brink of something big, and I want to chronicle the experiences as we have them.  What if "something big" never happens?  Well, then I guess I have a nice diary of the experience to show my grandchildren.

My name is Kathy, and I have 4 children.  At least 3 of my children have expressed a desire to be actors.  The fourth is just a tag along for now (he's 6 and not quite capable of making such life changing decisions), but he shows just as much talent (read:  drama) as the girls.  So as I am sitting in the hotel room waiting with my oldest daughter, Kaitlin, to film her first feature film, I decided I needed to write a Blog.

HOW IT ALL BEGAN:
Kaitlin (now 14) was about 5 years old when she first verbalized that she wanted to be an actress.  I say verbalized because she started entertaining people at birth....literally at birth.  Her first foray into making an impression on people was her 10 lb. 4 oz weight at birth.  That really had the nurses talking.  This was quickly followed by her attempt to pull herself off the scale as she was being weighed.  She literally grabbed the side of the scale, and tried to pull herself out of there.  Again, quite a hit with all the nurses sitting in the weighing room/nurses lounge having their morning coffee.  Top that off with her jet black, thick head of hair-the nurses spent so long washing and fixing her hair.  They brought her to me with a bright red bow in her hair....not pink like the other little girl babies, and certainly not stuck to her head with a dab of KY Jelly!!  No, Kaitlin had thick black hair that stuck every which way!!!!!  On August 31, 1996, a STAR was truly born!! 

Of course her dad and I thought she was wonderful from the moment of her birth, but people started talking about her being a performer at a very young age....like the time at a friends party when I was upstairs nursing my twins (more about them later).  Kaitlin (2 years old) kept the crowd entertained by singing and dancing on the fireplace (aka her makeshift stage). Did I mention that this was a party full of my friend's family and friends...people we had never met before.

Kaitlin's imagination was vivid!!  One time I overheard her playing with some animals from her Noah's Ark toy.  She was holding a lion saying "ROAR....I scared....ROAR...I scared."  The funny thing is, she was TRULY scaring herself!!  Now that's convincing acting!

That's it for now...I've got to go awaken the movie star.  She's got to film in 3 hours!!!  Oh, and in case my BLOG becomes a huge hit and a published book after my children hit it big in the entertainment business....I don't mean to leave out my other 3 children.  They are just as talented/beautiful/intelligent/loving as Kaitlin.  I will be writing about them in later blogs.

2 comments:

  1. Mrs. Barry, I LOVED reading this! Kaitlin really is awesome! She's a great friend/actress! :)
    -Teaghan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Teaghan!! You are pretty amazing yourself :)

    ReplyDelete